I miss you laptop.=(
Need I say more?
Monday, June 27, 2011
Saturday, June 18, 2011
Only a Dad
Edgar A. Guest
Only a dad with a tired face,
Coming home from the daily race,
Bringing little of gold or fame
To show how well he has played the game;
But glad in his heart that his own rejoice
To see him come and to hear his voice.
Only a dad with a brood of four,
One of ten million men or more
Plodding along in the daily strife,
Bearing the whips and the scorns of life,
With never a whimper of pain or hate,
For the sake of those who at home await.
Only a dad, neither rich nor proud,
Merely one of the surging crowd,
Toiling, striving from day to day,
Facing whatever may come his way,
Silent whenever the harsh condemn,
And bearing it all for the love of them.
Only a dad but he gives his all,
To smooth the way for his children small,
Doing with courage stern and grim
The deeds that his father did for him.
This is the line that for him I pen:
Only a dad, but the best of men.
I love you, Pa. I want you to know that I am so lucky to have you as my father. I may not be the best and ideal daughter to you, but believe me, you are the best father in world. I LOVE YOU SO MUCH.
Posted by Ritch at 4:35 AM
Friday, June 17, 2011
After a long week, I finally went out with friends April and Balot, for a friendly date. We ate out, and I accompanied them to make 'ukay-ukay'. After an hour of digging through piles of used clothes, April opted for a gray blouse- a cute one may I add and Balot went for a purple and stylish sleeveless. Before heading home, we stopped by McDonalds' and decided to go in for a coke float.
We took turns in taking pictures and goofing around.
Friends are born, not made.
Balot and April sharing biko and Shrimp with Chili Sauce. Yum!
We're lovin' it!
Me and April.:) Want some?
When we arrived home, we watched Rango voiced by the ever hottie Johnny Depp. Although we were sleepy because of the drained energy, we finished it and even talked about our love lives after. And speaking of love, I want you all to meet the reason why everybody is lovin' it (Mcdonalds').
Balot and her dream boy. So dreamy!
April's torn between two lovers.
So lame. ;D
Wishing to be friends is quick work, but friendship is a slow ripening fruit.
Being with them, I feel like a whole different person. I can laugh all I want and talk about many things I don't usually share with others. I realized that this day, I reached another milestone. A very important one. And that is getting out of my shell and letting other people have a peak in my very private life and I hope that someday, I'll be able to have a glimpse of theirs as well.
Thanks for the time girls! Sa uulitin.=)
Posted by Ritch at 9:35 AM
Thursday, June 16, 2011
I think it'll be straightforward yet fun thing to post. Please reflect as you read. Enjoy reading.=)
1. I think part of a best friend's job should be to immediately clear your computer history if you die.
2. Nothing sucks more than the moment during an argument when you realize that you're wrong.
3. I totally take back all those times I didn't want to nap when I was younger.
4. There is great need of a great sarcasm font.
5. How the hell are you suppose to fold a fitted sheet?
6. Was learning cursive really necessary?
7. Map Quest really needs to start their directions on #5. I'm pretty sure I know how to get out of my neighborhood.
8. Obituaries would be a lot more interesting if they told you how the person died.
9. I can't remember the last time I wasn't at least kind of tired.
10. Bad decisions make good stories.
11. You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
12. Can we just all agree to ignore whatever comes after Blue Ray? I don't want to have to restart my collection...again.
13. I'm always slightly terrified when I exit out of Word and it asks me if I want to save any changes to my ten-page technical report I swear I didn't make any changes to.
14. "Do not machine wash or tumble dry" means I will never wash this - ever!
15. I hate it when I miss a call by the last ring (Hello? Hello? **** it!) but when I immediately call back, it rings nine times and goes to voice mail. What did you do when I didn't answer? Drop the phone and run away?
16. I hate leaving my house looking good and feeling confident and then not seeing anyone of importance the entire day. What a waste!
17. I keep some people's phone numbers in my phone just so I know not to answer when they call.
18. I think the freezer deserves a light as well.
19. I disagree with Kay Jewelers. I would bet on any given Friday or Saturday more kisses begin with Miller Lite than Kay.
20. I wish Google Maps had an "Avoid Ghetto" option.
21. Sometimes, I'll watch a movie that I watched when I was younger and suddenly realize I had no idea what the heck was going on when I first saw it.
22. I would rather try to carry 10 overloaded plastic bags in each hands than to take two trips to bring my groceries in.
23. The only time I look forward to a red light is when I'm trying to finish a text.
24. I have a hard time deciphering the fine line between boredom and hunger.
25. How many times is it appropriate to say "What" before you just nod and smile because you still did not hear or understand a word they said?
26. I love the sense of camaraderie when an entire line of cars team up to prevent a jerk from cutting in at the front. Stay strong, brothers and sisters!
27. Shirts get dirty. Underwear gets dirty. Pants? Pants never get dirty, and you can wear them forever!
28. Is it just me or do ever high school kids get dumber and dumber every year?
29. There's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far.
30. As a driver, I hate pedestrians, and as a pedestrians I hate drivers but no matter what the mode of transportation, I always hate bicyclists.
31. Sometimes I'll look down at my watch three consecutive times and still not know what time it is.
32. Even under ideal conditions people have trouble locating their car keys in a pocket, finding their cell phone, and Pinning the Tail on the Donkey- but I'd bet my *** everyone can find and push the snooze button from three feet away, in about 1.7 seconds, eyes closed, first time,every time!
"Sometimes, only one person is missing, and the whole world seems depopulated."
Good grief! I envy Alphonse de Lamartine for saying that because I am not missing only one person but a bunch of them. So, how can I compare missing a bunch of special people to de Lamartine's? Pretty tough, huh? I don't know honestly. NO words can express how I much miss them.
When you miss someone, you tend to reminisce all the things you've done-be it the smallest things or the things you'll never forget as long as you live. Even the most absurd and out-of-this-world experiences, as long as you're with them, you feel a different kind of peace. A sense of fulfillment. It's as if nothing can go wrong. Now, I want to reminisce the past and hope that one of these days, we'll be together and do all the fun stuffs again and laugh our hearts out.
These are the people I miss the most:
This is my Mom and Dad. They are the most caring, understanding, and loving parents in the world! I miss the times when my dad plays the guitar and my mom sings during blackouts. =)
This is my older brother. I just miss him so.
Simon, my little brother whom I love to call Monsai. He's a sunshine!=)
Q, a savior, literally! She saved me from drowning two years ago.
My high school friends, forever as well. They're the sweetest.
My college friends, brothers and sisters for life.
Jude. Need I say more? I wish he'll be here the soonest.
Let me share you a very beautiful poem from an unknown author:
We are going to different high schools
I know it will be hard
we were best friends
and now we are ripped apart
I remember the good days we had
throughout these 3 long years
you were there when I was sad
even when I was in tears
But now its all changed
we cant be together anymore
no more notebooks to exchange
or laughter to adore
No more inside jokes to hear
or gossip in the hall
now we have high school to fear
and that’s the worst of them all
I will never forget that smile of yours
and how it made me glad
just remember you'll always be
the bestest friend I've ever had
I'm looking forward to seeing you all again. Muah! I miss you all big time and if I see one of these days, I'm gonna hug you real tight. xoxo.=*
Thursday, July 23, 2009
Who says fairy tales don’t come true?
Having someone to care for, love and trust, and be loved, cared for and trusted is the reason why we exist in the vast emptiness of this cruel world. (Ay, ano ba yan?)
I met him four years ago. He was a transferee student from a private school in our place. He became my classmate and seatmate. There was nothing special with the friendship we had. Just a nod and few hi’s and hello’s when passing by each other. Then on my junior years, I came to know him better and we got closer. We hang out on parties and beach outings and we shared common friends. Still, no spark of the thing they called love.
Text messages came from an unknown number. It was his and we started exchanging SMS. During our summer vacation, I invited him to join the youth camp of the religious organization where I belong. He accepted my invitation but as we became closer, I was becoming to recognize the feeling that’s starting to grow. FACT: I hated seeing him with other girls and worse, hanging out with them.
Few days later, I began to get self- conscious. I am short for my age, while he’s tall. He has white complexion while I don’t. He’s smart, while I’m not. I know for a fact that he will never see me as a girlfriend material.
Will the happy- go- lucky and aggressive boy cross the borderline of friendship for the bespectacled and shy girl?
Well, some fairy tales do have a happy ending.
My heart soared. Then he told me the magic words.
Posted by Ritch at 5:49 PM
Blogging is really out of my mind now. Aside from I don’t have my personal computer of Sir Noriel and Ms. R’s laptop, I prefer to keep my thoughts to myself. Yeah. I keep an old version of diary at home, but unfortunately, I only scribble in it when I am in the mood.
Since Kuya J told us that he’d check our blogs, I am force, obligated rather to update it once again.
I will introduce myself again.
I am Ritch, 50% sensible, 25% palagaylay, and 25% mental . (I learned this word from my third year high school cousin.) Ha! Ha! Ha! This is how the British call a crazy person…
I am 50% sensible. I can talk to people whom I share the same interest with like reading- nonstop! I can also give some not-so-agreeable-but-still-sensible advice. I care for my family and I am proud of it.
I can say that I am a palagaylay type of person. I bet I am nominated or worse, I will win the ‘Palagaylay Staffer of the Month’. (Well I certainly hope not!) I am really lazy hunting for news. I only make them when I am being assigned to. I prefer sleeping or reading all day than attending my classes- one form of immaturity. I’ll be damned when my pending and my newly-scouted articles and STRIKES are piling up!
NOTE: My notebook intended for my subjects also serves as my reporter’s notebook. (Hehe, padungog tah gamay. =>)
Beware. I’m also mental. One may think that I’m a quiet person, butu wait ‘til you see my true colors. Ha! Ha! Ha! It is really disgusting! Kidding. Well, it is funny in a way that only smart people like me understands. I give nutty ideas and cracks corny jokes when one of my friends are in a low spirit. Aw?!
And because of this blogging thingy, another work has been added to my list. But it’s okay. =)
Posted by Ritch at 5:10 PM